Wednesday 19 August 2009

Weekend July 4th & 5th 2009: A fortnight to go!

The weekend was spent in Bognor. Fortunately I was able to ride down on the Saturday and back on the Sunday. I did the 55 mile ride each way on my own. On the way back up the A29 on the Sunday afternoon I was feeling so good I decided that once I had been over Coldhabour and through Dorking I would go over Ranmore rather than just skirting around it. This does not add any distance but does include an extra climb.

It was during this ride that I noticed that my gears were playing up with difficulty in changing the gears on the front rings. I hadn’t intended getting the bike serviced before the Etape but this showed me that I needed to get it done urgently. On the Monday after my ride back from Bognor I telephone Corridori in Banstead to see if they could help me. They told me that they were very busy but as a regular customer they would fit me in. As it turns out, when I picked it up they told me that my chain and rear cassette were “beyond worn” so it was a good job I got it done rather than struggle with a mechanical on the Etape.

No comments: