Wednesday 19 August 2009

Friday - A proud father at his daughter graduation

My original plan was to travel down to Nyons on the Friday, however, the best laid plans of mice and men and all that, my daughter’s university had that day planned for her graduation. As I had invested so much money in her getting this degree, and with the degree she was also awarded a prize for the best dissertation, so I needed to be at the graduation as proud father to witness the event.

I took the train to Leicester early on the Friday morning. As I had been struggling to think of the right present to get her I had not got anything by the time I arrived at Leicester station. As I came out of the station I saw a large camera and electrical store. I went in and purchased a pink Nikon camera. I had the shop put the fully charged battery from the demonstration camera in he one I bought and proceeded to the ceremony. The camera was well received and was fully used during the day.

My daughter had had the flu all week and had been off work for the previous days. Obviously she didn’t want to miss her graduation and on the day had dosed herself up with over the counter drugs so that she could get through the day. Her mother was also at the event and together we watched her get her degree. The three of us went to lunch before going to the prize giving ceremony in the afternoon. She was shattered after that so I left her with her mother and caught the 17:00 train home to London arriving home after 20:00.

After a long day I had to be up at 3:00 AM the next morning to travel to the Etape!

No comments: