Wednesday 19 August 2009

Saturday July 11th and Sunday July 12th: Last Minute Training

On the weekend before the Etape I was torn between getting last minute training in, overtraining, and spending time with the family (as they would be away the weekend of the Etape for a week in Ireland with The Wife’s family).

The Saturday sorted itself out with no chance to ride and I had lots to do with the family. On the Sunday I wanted to ride but had no one to ride with. At 8:30 Am on the Sunday morning I decided to ring Big G. He does not usually get out of bed early at the weekend but I thought it worthwhile to try him. He did not initially answer the phone but eventually whilst I was leaving a message picked up. He agreed to meet me 20 minutes later for a ride. We got out and did a 43 mile ride in surrey hills with tea at Box Hill. The weather was good and the cycling relaxed. It was very relaxed and much the way cycling should be.

No comments: