Wednesday 19 November 2008

Hey-Ho Off I ride to Bognor

Saturday my wife agreed to take my son to football and stand on the touchline whilst I cycled to Bognor Regis. She would then drive down later after football with my son and his cousin and we would stay Saturday night in the family holiday home.

I hate cycling on my own so Saturday morning at 9:30 am I gave Big G an early morning call to see if he wanted to join me for some of the ride. As he had had to wake up to answer to the telephone he agreed to join me for half my trip to Bognor.

We went through Epsom and Leatherhead and over Leith Hill then headed down through Forest Green and Ellens Green, stopping there for a coffee and a croissant before Big G headed back along the A29 and I went off to Bognor on the A29.

It took me five hours door to door (4:16 actual time on the bike) and I was knackered when I got there. I had clocked up 58 miles and I could not have cycled back if I had wanted to, my fitness is that bad.

My wife and the kids were already there when I arrived so I cycled straight to the café on the front (The Lobster Pot) and was enjoying beans on toast with sausage and a cup of coffee when they arrived.

My son had won his match and remains unbeaten this season - a very good result. His Saturday team have won the league and are proceeding through the cup. His school team have also remained undefeated.

On Sunday I came back by car with the others rather than cycling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just been looking at the Butlins Bognor Regis holiday park myself because i'm planning on taking the kids away for a week next year to one of the Butlins site.

Great to see you had a fab time.