Monday 24 November 2008

All is quiet on the Western Front

Busy fighting the cold front coming from the North at the moment.

Whilst I was not able to get out over the weekend due to the weather and other factors (football, school fair, dinner with friends, school exam revision), I did leave a puddle on the garage floor doing 22 miles (1 hour 25mins) on my ancient turbo (I have not yet had the chance to get hold of the imagic with the Ventoux programme that my brother has agreed to lend me). Even in the garage with the door closed I had to wear two layers this snowy Sunday morning.

The ancient turbo produces such a racket that I observed a mouse scurrying under the garage door out into the cold to get away from the noise. Perhaps if things don't go well here after the Lloyds takeover of HBOS I could go into pest control.

The coming weekend is still in the hands of the gods, or The Wife.

Got the result of the cross country I did last week in Richmond Park, I came 75th out of 137 male finishers. I am pleased with that. I don't know whether I will keep up the running, I think it compliments the fitness so I would like to try and get a few runs in over the winter.

No comments: