Friday 9 July 2010

July 8th JP Morgan Corporate Challenge

Not that I am competitive but in the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge last night I came:
  • 2000th out of 11494 finishers,
  • 22nd out of 63 Grant Thornton runners
  • 4:26 minutes / seconds behind the fastest GT runner
  • 8:41 minutes / seconds behind the fastest overall runner

This on the back of not having taken a step in my running shoes since last October. I think the last time I did the event was some 10 years ago and in those days I could do sub 20 mins.

My brain was telling my body it still expected a sub 20mins performance but my body rebelled and I got around in 25:12 (5.6kilometres). I have stiff legs today (and a bit of a sore head; not sure if that was the running, the heat (it was in the high 20's), or the trip tothe pub afterwards)

Still respectable for a 50 year old bloke who is not running regularly Ithink.

Now for the Etape!!!

No comments: