Tuesday 19 February 2008

Not my luck at the moment

I may have won £10.00 on the lottery over the weekend and Sainsburys were selling Valentine roses off cheap on Sunday just in time for The Wife's return from a week away with her mother, but yesterday and today haven't been quite so lucky.

This morning I waited 20 minutes for a train on the cold station platform. When it did turn up it was crowded. After getting on and standing in the crush whilst the train was stationary for 10 minutes we were told the train was faulty and was being withdrawn from service. We all had to get off back on to the cold platform. Ten minutes later another train arrived, sardines was not the word for the crush all the way to Waterloo. I got to work half hour late.

On top of that. I was in the gym last night. I did 5000 metres on the rower (21 mins, 2:05 avg @21 spm) and then proceeded to sit on the cycle planning to do an hour. 59 minutes into the cycle some bufoon tried to adjust the machine next to mine and kicked the wire for my machine tearing it out of the plug. Everything went blank and all the data was lost. I must admit I gave him a glare and may have made a rude comment or three. I then had to report the damage to the reception desk (as the bufoon was not interested in reporting the damage he had done) and I could not get the inclination to finish off the last minute, so I went home .

No comments: