Tuesday 5 February 2008

Evidence of an undisplaced fracture

Because of the continued discomfort in my hip over the festive season I wanted to get my hip looked at further so at the start of the New Year I went to my GP and got him to refer me to a consultant under my private healthcare scheme. I saw him earlier in January and he had new xrays done of my hip. They did not show anything at the time and he then referred me for an MRI scan.

I had the MRI scan last week and went back today for the results.

The scan shows evidence of an undisplaced fracture of the right hip. Once you know where it is and go back to the xray then you can see evidence of the bone growing over the fracture. No wonder it hurt so much for so long.

His opinion was that it should continue to heal but best I avoid sports such as running. Cycling, rowing and swimming are OK. He also said it was probably best not to fall off the bike again.

He sees no reason that it should give me problems in the future.

As for the school ski trip in March, he thinks that by then it should have healed further and be fine.

Discharged (but come back if problems occur).

No comments: