Wednesday 5 December 2007

Wednesday December 5th 2007 Still on Crutches

I am still limping around. I am down to just one crutch but still in lots of pain. Today I thought that a lunchtime visit to the gym, a light session on the bike and a trip to the steam room might help - NO. The 20 minutes cycling went well, a very light setting and low heart rate. Bit bruised round the top of the hip but no discomfort. The steam room was hot and relaxed my neck and shoulders which were stiff. This afternoon and evening - stiff and sore!!!!

I have booked a session at the physio for 8:30 AM Saturday. Lets see if Chris' magic hands can help.

I was never going to be able to get out last weekend, even before I had the accident. The fact that there was so much rain cheered me up a bit, at least I wasn't getting wet and putting myself at risk of sliding off and hurting myself.

The Wife and I had a busy weekend planned, mostly taken up organising the raffle for the school Christmas Fare. The Wife had been busy organising and worrying about the event for the past two weekes trying to chivi up the other parents and sending out letters asking local busineses to donate prizes. As it happened the prizes came good and we spent Friday night wrapping the prizes and typing up prize lists.

Saturday The Wife was at the school all day organising the display of the prizes and selling tickets with her organised buch of parents. I was roped in as well. It went well and the raffle raised a record amount, which is in some ways like shooting yourself in the foot. Now we have been threatened with organising the raffle for the school ball in January. Sunday was spent sorting out the unclaimed prizes and arranging to get them to the winners.

No comments: