Wednesday 12 December 2007

Wednesday December 12th 2007 The Road to Recovery

Saturday I went to the physio. Chris has magic in his hands. After a session of massage and untrasound he gave me a series of exercises to do, assured me that there was only soft tissue damage and told me to start training again.

Sunday I was a bit sore but whilst the wife and son were at church followed by Sainsburys, and it was pouring with rain outside, I managed an hour and a half on my ancient (circa 1990) and rusty turbo trainer in the kitchen. I kept the heart rate down at 130 and the cadence in the low 80s.

No ill effects, and despite being sore, I am crutch free this week (must remember to return those crutches to Kingston Hospital ASAP).

Unfortunately, with it being in the run up to Christmas I am busy at lunch times meeting and catching up with friends I neglected during the year. This means no gym this week. Those pounds are going to pile on!

No comments: