Monday 18 May 2009

Weekend April 24th & 25th 2009

Friday I was working from home. Late afternoon after I had finished work I jumped on my bike and did a very pleasant Box Hill run.

Saturday I went out to join the Dynamos in Richmond Park. I had not taken into account that they go out in the summer at 8:30 am so at just before 9:00 am I was cycling to the starting point when I cam across a peloton of Dynamos heading in the same direction. I jumped on the back. As we went passed the starting point (the crossraods at Sheen Gate) there was only three riders waiting? The group I was with didn’t stop but kept on moving and the three waiting riders jumped on the back. The pace was too fast for me and another guy. He and I dropped off the back and did the 4 laps together chatting. It turned out he was also an ex-oarsman from Twickenham Rowing Club and we must have been there in different squads at the same time. He also had a very interesting tale of the internet booking business he was COO for.

After the laps we stopped at the Café at Roehampton Gate with the other Dynamos for a tea before splitting up and I did another couple of laps then home.

No comments: