Saturday 26 April 2008

I don't like girls!

This is the usual statement of my 8 year old son.

On Sunday whilst we were time trialling around Box Hill my son was left with a friend of my wife who was walking her dog on Box Hill. R's wife was doing the timing so their 7 year old daughter was also with the friend and her dog.

When I finished the time trial the two kids were in the process of taking my car apart from the inside out whilst reading comics, clowning around and listening to music on the radio. Whilst we all enjoyed a well earned cup of tea and the National Trust cake the kids were in the National Trust gift shop spending their pocket money buying tat together.

As we drove away from Box Hill my son made the remark - "H is really nice, when are we meeting up again".

R made me aware that Liquigas, the Tour de France team are running a childrens camp (for 7 to 12 year olds) in the summer in Italy and he is considering sending his daughter, I have suggested to my wife that our son might enjoy the camp, however, she thinks he might be a bit young?

No comments: