Friday 30 November 2007

Saturday Nov 23rd 2007 Around the Park with the Dynamos

I decided that today I would train around Richmond Park with the Dynamos. My mate was going to join me at the meeting point. He didn't show up by the time for the off so I went without him. I later got a text saying that for once his alarm, his 3 year old had slept in and he hadn't woken until to late.

Last time I did this I struggled after two laps so this time I was looking to go in one of the slowest groups. The first two groups went off (faster riders) but then everyone started to be reluctant to go forward. Group three eventually formed but no one wanted to go for group four waiting for groups five and six. I moved forward reluctantly and eventually we formed a group of ten and set off.

I was still there at the end of the second lap. We lost a few and gained one from ahead (and I think maybe one or two from behind). As lap three went on I struggled on the hills and as we started lap four I was dropped. Well, at least only one lap on my own and I wasn't caught by the next group. When I got to the cafe I was welcomed by my group and enjoyed a warm coffee.

Quality 41 miles by the time I got home.

No comments: